Ready! Set! Go! You have made the decision so many of us have made and that decision is to be an alkaline vegan. After learning about the alkaline vegan lifestyle through viewing DVDs and attending live lectures of Dr. Sebi I made the same decision many others have made to commit to the lifestyle of an alkaline vegan.
Now that you’ve made the decision you may be asking yourself what is next. There are many pointers that all lead to great health but for this blog I want to focus on 3 questions asked by Naya one of the members in my Facebook groups Alkaline Vegan Girls, 1) where do you grocery shop, 2) how often, and 3) what are the pantry essentials? https://www.facebook.com/groups/alkalinevegangirls/ These are the my thoughts about the questions asked:
“My Top 5 Places to Shop”
- Local Farmer’s Markets ~ fresh produce, grains, flours, and spices, nuts
- Local International Markets ~ fresh produce with Hispanic origins, fresh herbs for seasoning foods
- Local Health Food Stores ~ loose herbs for teas, some grains, nuts and seeds
- Chain stores ~ While I am out in the community working with client’s I look to see what is on the nutritional guide and sometimes the chain stores will have spelt and quinoa flour
- Online ~ herbs for teas and seasonings, pastas and breads.
How Often Do I Shop and What are the Pantry Essentials:
I shop weekly and usually at the beginning of the week on Sundays or the end of the week on Saturday. The key essentials for an alkaline vegan to have in the pantry are the following:
- whole grains & whole grain flour~ spelt, kamut, quinoa, wild rice
- cooking oils ~ grape seed and avocado
- fresh produce ~ onions, peppers, mushrooms, kale, dandelions greens, romaine lettuce, cherry tomatoes, butternut squash, chayote squash, key limes, seeded grapes, burro bananas, fresh young coconuts, green/yellow, frozen fruit for smoothies
- Nuts, seeds and beans ~walnuts, hemp seeds, and garbanzo beans dry
- Raw agave’ nectar and pitted dates for sweeteners
- Fresh or dried herbs for seasonings ~ ginger, oregano, basil, fennel, onion powder, sage, dill, all spice, clove
With the above foods in your house you can make several meals to include soups, teas, stews, salads, stir fries, cookies, ice cream, pancakes, veggie vurgers, break fast meals and several other dishes.
ALKALINE VEGAN CEVICHE
The list of foods go on and on and all created from the nutritional guide Dr. Sebi provides to assist alkaline vegans with choosing healthy, natural foods that will create healing environments for our bodies to thrive in. The list Dr. Sebi created is not without flaw but it is a list with the least mucous causing foods for us to consume.
Electric Vegan Cookbook
The cookbook is now available for purchase. Click link https://electric-vegan.myshopify.com/ to purchase and download yours today!!
So now it is your time to GET READY! GET SET! LET’S GO!