Hemp Seed Crumble – Recipe
- 1 cup hemp seed hearts
- 3 cups of spring water
- blend to make milk
- place in a sauce pan and boil and stir lightly the entire time
- The milk will begin to form and may even begin to curdle
- After the milk begins to bubble reduce the heat to a simmer and squeeze in 2 key limes (remove seeds)
- 2 Key lime squeezed – this is needed to make the milk curdle
- Allow the mixture to cool and pour it into a fine strainer (place cheesecloth over the strainer) and sit it over a bowl to catch the liquid.
- In the strainer you will see lots of curdled hemp seeds milk and this is what is used to make the crumble.
- After about 2 minutes to allow most of the water to drain off, pick up the cheesecloth with the curds inside and twist to remove all excess liquids.
- You will be left with the curds that will then be used in your breakfast scramble.
browse around here was made using the hemp crumble and I added it into the pan with my sauteed peppers, onions, mushrooms and plum tomatoes.